Construction & Installation
- In a dry dock or similar (minimum: length 250m, width 25m, draft 6.5m).
- Direct launch to the sea.
- Built in horizontal position.
- Built using a slipform > no joints > durability.
Sea launching and towing
Two ways for launching:
- Dry dock: flotation of the structure
- No dry dock: sliding guides or wheel skates
Towing to the installation zone with simple towing ship.
The structure is flooded in a controlled way.
90% of the structure submerged, top of the tower below 20m height above MSL.
Installation using a catamaran ship or equivalent.
No need of heavy floating cranes, reducing installation costs.
Pumping out water.
Replacement of the water ballast by aggregates: increases hydrostatic stiffness while the draft is maintained.